Aerospace Design Engineer
||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Senior Design Engineer
We're excited to be working with a specialist in designing unmanned aircrafts, working on some exciting projects for the private and public sectors, designing bespoke crafts from concept, to prototype and to manufacture.
They're looking for a Senior Design Engineer with a experience within the Aerospace or Automotive industries. Those with a background in Formula One would work well here. The ideal candidate will have a strong appreciation for aero design, able to use Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to produce aerodynamic and lightweight unmanned aircraft / drone designs.
- Design and optimisation of scalable airframes of a hybrid drone, focusing on the mechanical composite and rapid prototyping elements of the design
- Working with external suppliers to optimise / minimise component weight whilst maximising component strength
- Define, design and optimise ducted fans for the thrust-vectoring propulsion system of hybrid drone
- Determine the aerodynamic loads on the airframe and propulsion units
- Prepare, follow and analyse CFD studies to assist on the drone design and optimisation of both airframe and ducted fans, evaluate the performance, and extract aerodynamic coefficients and control derivatives
- Optimise the aircraft mechanical design, mass distribution, centre of gravity position and structural analysis
- Improve the propulsion models and tools used to calculate the performance of the drone propulsion units (open and/or shrouded rotors)
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering degree
- Must be able to demonstrate CFD (computational fluid dynamics) analysis
- Must have a strong command of CAD packages such as SolidWorks, CATIA, NX, Solid Edge, Inventor, Creo etc.