Senior CAD Technician
||£30000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
Our client operates within the live entertainment Industry. They are now looking for a Senior CAD Technician, producing effective and creative 2D and 3D CAD drawings. You will be involved from initial concept and the construction stages of a wide range of multi-disciplinary projects through to completion for a successful live show.
- Working with Directors, Project Managers, Project coordinators, Equipment Team, HOD's, Fabrication Department and external clients to create Rigging Plots, Lighting Plots, Site Plans, Engineering Drawings, Schematics and any other drawings as required.
- Maintenance of the Directory of drawings and providing electronic and hard copies as required.
- Maintenance of Site drawings, including updating as required.
- Calculation of Rigging loads as required.
- Liaise with external suppliers (software and materials) including the provision of Cutting files required for Laser and CNC where required.
- R&D concepts from both internal and external personnel for job specific specialist items. Working with clients and suppliers where required.
- Be highly flexible with different drawing disciplines and have a broad knowledge of manufacturing techniques and materials.
- Lead and mentor less experienced members of the CAD team
- Be creatively and analytically focused in providing visual solutions to challenging lighting designs.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong 2D/3D CAD/ draughting background - AutoCAD
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing techniques.
- Previous experience in a lighting rental business.
- A basic knowledge of rental lighting equipment.
- Therefore the ability to work paid overtime on occasions, including weekends is essential.