SolidWorks Mechanical Design Engineer
||£32000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
Excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer with machine design experience, to work for a sustainable packaging company developing complex, high-value special purpose assembly equipment for our innovative product portfolio. This is a rapidly growing company, with a range of recyclable products that address current environmental concerns over single use disposable items waste streams.
- Hands-on Mechanical design of the company's bespoke special purpose assembly equipment.
- Creation of detailed models and drawings suitable for machining manufacture and assembly in our workshop.
- Research and Development of automated processes to suit our new products, through first principle proofing.
- New product R&D supported by our experienced product design team
- Project Management.
- Mentor to the mechanical design apprentice
This role is suitable for an experienced Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer with a solid background in SolidWorks based design for low value, high volume complex electro-mechanical systems and controls.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree (BEng or MEng) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- 3D CAD design experience using Solidworks
- Knowledge of material science would be very beneficial
- Professional registration with a relevant Engineering body preferred.
- Experience developing complex automated machines
- Food safe equipment preferred
- Automation of vacuum and pneumatic systems essential
- Hands-on assembly and testing experience preferred
- Controls design using Siemens, Omron, Festo, SMC, etc
- PLC ladder logic experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Accurate, thorough, consistent, pro-active and assertive