SolidWorks Mechanical Design Engineer
||£32000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
Excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer with special purpose machinery design experience, to work for a sustainable packaging company developing complex, high-value special purpose assembly equipment. This is a rapidly growing company, with a range of recyclable products that address current environmental concerns over single use disposable items waste streams.
- Hands-on Mechanical design of the company's bespoke special purpose assembly equipment.
- Creation of detailed models and drawings suitable for machining manufacture and assembly in our workshop.
- Research and Development of automated processes to suit our new products, through first principle proofing.
- New product R&D supported by our experienced product design team
- Project Management.
- Mentor to the mechanical design apprentice
This role is suitable for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with a solid background in SolidWorks and special purpose machinery or packaging machinery design.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree (BEng or MEng) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- 3D CAD design experience ideally with Solidworks. Those with Inventor, Solid Edge, Creo, Fusion 360 will also be considered.
- Knowledge of material science would be very beneficial
- Experience developing automated machinery