||Up to £1 per annum + Overtime, Bonus
Job Title: Turner Welder
We're working with one of the UKs leading manufacturers of rubber and polyurethane coated rollers, they're looking to recruit a manual turner with welding experience.
You will need to have a good understanding of working with manual lathes and DRO digital readout systems, there will be an element of welding as part of this role and experience in either: Tig, Mig or Stick is beneficial, also previous experience in working with stainless steel, mild steel and aluminium.
- Read and work to engineering drawings - observing tolerances, finishes etc.
- Use a variety of gauging instruments - internal/external micrometer, Vernier, slip gauges and DRO.
- Full understanding and ability to use all functions and features on a conventional lathe.
- Competent at using MIG welding technique
- Understanding and ability to use a roll balancing m/c (not a pre-requisite
- Understanding and ability to use a Milling machine
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Machining component parts to be fabricated into finished rollers - tubes, roller stub ends
- Repairs to journal ends - welding and machining
- Producing keyways
- Drill and Taping
Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 16:30 | Friday 08:00 to 12:30 | 28 Days Holiday | Pension | Overtime | Bonus