Technical Project Buyer
||Oil & Gas
||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Job Title: Technical Project Buyer
Location: West Sussex
Our client is a well-established engineering company providing pump solutions for the Oil & Gas, Mining and Water industries. Trading for nearly 50 years they are leaders in their field with high profile clients and a loyal and motivated workforce.
With a full order book, they are looking to hire an experienced Technical Project Buyer to join the team on a permanent bases working from their West Sussex location. The ideal candidate will have come from an engineering background, ideally with some form of manufacturing experience. Those that have operated machinery and understands how to make products from engineering drawings and then moved into a purchasing / buying role is what we're looking for.
- Maintain and strengthen the supply chain. (researching and developing prospective suppliers) Including Materials, Sub contract machining (turning and milling) and high value capital equipment
- Have strong technical and procurement communication skills. (being able to liaise with internal departments and the suppliers to ensure strong supplier performance and relationships are maintained).
- Fully evaluate key suppliers in accordance with the products required to meet the overall company business needs and objectives and quality standards
- Create proposals and requests for quotes in line with customer & project requirements.
- Forward planning and negotiating prices in line with the project budgets.
- Strategic Planning with suppliers taking into account product development and cost reduction plans.
- Preparing and issuing purchase order and contracts in accordance with project requirements and requisitions.